Richmond office of Vandeventer Black LLP is seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. This position supports attorneys and staff and serves as the backup for the receptionist. This position also assists with administrative tasks related to office operations.
Vandeventer Black has provided legal services to businesses nationally and internationally since 1883. The firm offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates should send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Back-up to Receptionist
- Inventories, orders and organizes office supplies
- Assists with records maintenance and related tasks
- Assists with on-site marketing and business development tasks
- Maintains legal library
- Mail pickup at post office & office-wide distribution
- Maintains and fills postage meter and copiers
- Miscellaneous errands; bank runs, SCC, court, etc.
- Light secretarial overflow duties, such as typing letters
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned (could include preparation of litigation binders, downloading PDF’s into Netdocs, updating pleading indexes, etc.)
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of copiers, postage machines, and fax machines
- Ability to follow firm procedures and adhere to the firm’s personnel policies
- High School Diploma required; some college preferred
- Minimum one year experience in a legal office setting,
- Notary Public (VA) preferred