Norfolk law firm seeks a full-time Billing Coordinator to support our Billing Department.
Vandeventer Black has provided legal services to businesses nationally and internationally since 1883. The firm offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified candidates must send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Processes edits to pre-bills and/or draft bills in response to attorney and secretary requests.
- Processes and prints final client billing.
- Completes complex bills in a timely manner (i.e., multiple timekeeper discounts by matter, preparation of electronic bills).
- Distributes monthly unbilled matter reports to billing attorney.
- Utilizes Orion legal timekeeping software.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Electronic billing experience in a law firm, accounting firm, or other professional services environment.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to handle high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys and staff.
- Research and respond to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Must have the ability to quickly learn the firm’s time and billing software, Orion, as well as the firm’s billing policies and procedures.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with Orion Law Management software is preferred, but not required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an Accounting, Finance, or Billing role, preferably in a professional services organization
- High School Diploma required
- Bachelors’ degree preferred