October 7, 2020 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
October 7, 2020
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Presented by: Thomas Chappell, Esq. & Kathleen Panagis, Esq.
• What’s an assistance animal versus emotional support animal versus service animal?
• What qualifies as a disability?
• What types of accommodations may be needed?
• What information and documentation are associations permitted to request when processing a reasonable accommodation request?
• When can accommodation requests be denied?
• How can common interest communities best protect themselves when handling reasonable accommodation requests for assistance animals?
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 11:30 am
A program for CEOs, Managers, In-house Counsel, and Human Resource Professionals.
October 14, 2020
9:00 am- 12:30 pm
Virtually via Microsoft Teams
$125 p/p early bird special valid through 10/1. Regular price is $150 p/p.
Group registrations use code LE10 for 10% off on purchases of 2 or more tickets.
9:00 – 10:00 am:
California Dreamin’ – The New Virginia Employment Laws
We will discuss the new employment laws and the latest developments regarding discrimination, pregnancy accommodation, wage and hour, independent contractors, noncompete agreements, and more.
All Things COVID
We will review recent updates on leave issues, safety, and compliance concerns for employers in the pandemic.
Can employee arbitration agreements protect your business from the new wave of litigation risks?
We will discuss the practical considerations of employment arbitration and factors to assess in deciding whether arbitration is appropriate.
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Ticket Section Title
*EARLY BIRD SPECIAL ENDS 10/1.
October 17, 2020 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM Register Before October 3, 2020
October 17, 2020
8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Register Before October 3, 2020
Register After October 3, 2020
Community association board members and volunteer leaders step up to take on positions of service and responsibility. They’re expected to anticipate issues, solve problems, meet the expectations of their residents, and protect property values. This workshop will teach you how to become a more successful board member, and how you can recruit and support new volunteers. You’ll learn the role of the board, the president, and other leadership positions; and you’ll identify effective ways to work with professional managers and service providers.
The workshop consists of five modules:
- Module 1: Governing Documents and Roles & Responsibilities
Kathleen Panagis, Esq., Vandeventer Black LLP
- Module 2: Communications, Meetings, and Volunteerism
Anita Loonam, CMCA, AMS, PCAM, United Property Associates
- Module 3: Fundamentals of Financial Management
Todd Derby, CPA, DesRoches & Company, CPAs
- Module 4: Professional Advisors and Service Providers
Jim Durkee, AAA Pool Services
- Module 5: Association Rules and Conflict Resolution
- The Board Member Toolkit, a best-selling book from CAI Press
- The Board Member Toolkit Workbook
- Brochures and publications
- A copy of CAI’s award-winning Common Ground magazine
(Saturday) 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
March 13, 2021 Virginia Beach Convention Center Presenters: Debbie M. Casey, CCAL Know Your Rank: Board & Committees – Recruiting,
March 13, 2021
Debbie M. Casey, CCAL
Kathleen W. Panagis, Esq.
Thomas Chappell, Esq.
(Saturday) 7:00 am - 4:00 pm
August 5-7, 2021 The Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, VA Presenters: Deborah M. Casey, CCAL® CICB-Approved Training for Laws and Regulations for CIC Management (2 hour certification course) Kathleen W. Panagis, Esq. It’s the Association
August 5-7, 2021
The Omni Homestead Resort in Hot Springs, VA
Deborah M. Casey, CCAL®
CICB-Approved Training for Laws and Regulations for CIC Management (2 hour certification course)
Kathleen W. Panagis, Esq.
It’s the Association Feud! Surveys of the Ombudswoman’s Explanations of Final Adverse Decisions to Complaint, After Complaint…After Complaint
For more information, please visit https://www.valeadershipretreat.com/
(Thursday) 8:00 am - 5:00 pm