Vandeventer Black is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion through exceptional client services, a supportive firm culture, and social responsibility.
Every case and legal issue presents more than one perspective, which is precisely why diversity and inclusion are important to help our clients succeed. Recognizing and understanding different viewpoints optimizes the opportunity to lead, solve problems and prosper.
We strive for diversity and inclusion in our lawyers and staff that respect our differences and provide meaningful opportunities to connect, learn and grow. We believe that when our team members are engaged, we enable them to innovate and succeed.
Our vision is to promote trust, richer solutions and the ability for all to thrive professionally and socially by acknowledging the unique experiences and backgrounds that come from our own differences and those of our clients and the communities we serve.
The firm routinely represents businesses that are small, economically disadvantaged, minority, woman and veteran-owned, and native corporations. We are also members of several organizations that represent our commitment to diversity, including:
- United Jewish Federation of Tidewater
- National Association of Women in Construction
- Eggleston Services
- Virginia Women Attorneys Association
- Old Dominion Bar Association
- South Hampton Roads Bar Association
- Just the Beginning – A Pipeline Organization
- National Black Law Student Association
- Special Olympics of Virginia
- United Way
- Hampton Roads Industry Liaison Group