Vandeventer Black has a long tradition of representing both US and Foreign government contractors on compliance related issues. There are numerous laws and regulations that apply to foreign entities operating as a government contractor in the US market, or a US contractor doing business overseas. We are ready to assist you with all your compliance needs.
How may our team assist you?
- Provide advice as to the various functions of U.S. federal agencies in administrating and regulating the import and export of goods/information/services to and from the United States. This includes the possible implication of the U.S. Department of State, Directorate of Defense Trade Control (DDTC), the U.S. Department of Commerce, Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS), and other departments and agencies.
- Assist with guidance and advice as to the possible application of the National Industrial Security Program (“NISP”) and the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (“NISPOM”) for firms under foreign ownership, control or influence (“FOCI”). How to proceed to potentially obtain granting or continuing facility security clearances (“FCL”) operating under FOCI.
- Give advice regarding applicable laws and regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC), Buy American Act (BAA), Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), False Claims Act (FCA), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and other agency regulations.
- Assist with analysis of product, service, and technology portfolios to identify and classify items subject to export control and determine whether a license may be required, as well as assistance with drafting and submitting license applications.
- Determine whether a temporary or permanent import permit would be required in connection with the import of items under the U.S. Munitions Import List.
- Provide due diligence assistance for cross-border transactions and the use and application of the Consolidated Screening List (CSL) of parties for which the United States Government maintains restrictions on certain exports, re-exports or transfers of items. Identify other potential restrictions such as U.N. sanctions.
- Prepare and assist in implementing a compliance program with necessary manuals, codes and procedures.
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about what Vandeventer Black’s legal team can do for you and your business, please give us a call 757.446.8600 or send us an email.