Our Construction attorneys team with our construction clients to help them achieve business vision and goals, solve problems, and resolve disputes. Our mission doing so is to provide our construction clients with excellent, innovative, and cost effective legal services for our clients. In fulfilling that mission, we bring our Construction Practice Group’s wide array of both legal and practical construction project experiences to our clients.
Vandeventer Black’s Construction Law services include:
· Contract negotiations and preparations, including company formations, teaming agreements, joint ventures, and project financing
· Contract and other disputes resolution, including claims analysis, claims preparation, and claims resolution through mechanic’s liens, payment bonds, mediation, arbitration, litigation or other disputes processes
· Safety, environmental and other regulatory compliance, including assessments, action planning, administrative hearings, and appellate proceedings
· Employment contracts, wages and regulatory compliance, including wage determinations, benefits, right-to-work laws, labor agreements, and non-competes
· Procurement fraud compliance, including false claims acts, qui tam actions, whistleblower matters, crimes against corporations, and white collar criminal actions
Our Construction Law experiences include projects of varied sizes, types, and complexity, including vertical, horizontal, heavy civil, and industrial construction projects, and including many types of projects within those sectors such as commercial buildings, multi-family housing projects, airports, marine terminals, shipyards, bridges, highways, schools, hospitals, electric power generation facilities, and wastewater treatment plants. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, state and local government agencies, architecture and engineering firms, international, regional and local contractors, specialty subcontractors, and suppliers.
While disputes are an unfortunate aspect of construction, we focus on preventive law to help our clients evaluate risks and avoid disputes, but for those that cannot be avoided identify issues early to help develop prompt, effective and cost-efficient solutions. Our training and internal assessments improve our clients’ business processes, and when needed we provide in-the-field assessments and advice to identify issues and formulate solutions for them.
Our Construction Team members include attorneys with field experience, civil and mechanically degreed engineers, a registered professional engineer, and a registered architect with extensive experience in forensic architecture. Our Construction Team attorneys are licensed in a variety of states including Virginia, North Carolina, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Florida, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and New York, and have handled construction matters nationally and internationally.