Our mission is to provide our construction clients with excellent, innovative and cost effective legal services that solve problems and resolve disputes. Our attorneys bring a wide array of legal and practical construction experience to our clients.
Vandeventer Black’s Construction Law services include:
- Contract negotiations and preparations, including company formations, teaming agreements, joint ventures, and project ﬁnancing
- Contract and other disputes resolution, including claims analysis, claims preparation, and claims resolution through mechanic’s liens, payment bonds, mediation, arbitration, litigation or other disputes processes
- Construction defect litigation including disputes regarding moisture intrusion, roofing and equipment warranties, design defects and defective subcontractor work.
- Safety, environmental and other regulatory compliance, including assessments, action planning, administrative hearings, and appellate proceedings
- Employment contracts, wages and regulatory compliance, including wage determinations, beneﬁts, right-to-work laws, labor agreements, and non-competes
- Procurement fraud compliance, including false claims acts, qui tam actions, whistleblower matters, crimes against corporations, and white collar criminal actions
Our construction law experience includes projects of all types and complexity including vertical, heavy civil and industrial construction including commercial and institutional buildings, multifamily housing projects, airports, marine facilities, bridges and highways, hospitals, power and processing facilities and waste water treatment plants. Our clients include local, regional and national general contractors, subcontractors, specialty contractors and suppliers, architecture and engineering firms, insurers, sureties, owners, developers and local government entities. We engage in litigation and arbitration for clients throughout the United States.
Our Construction Team members include attorneys with ﬁeld experience, civil and mechanically degreed engineers, a registered professional engineer, and a registered architect with extensive experience in forensic architecture. Our Construction Team attorneys are licensed in a variety of states including Virginia, North Carolina, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Florida, Louisiana, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and New York, and have handled construction matters nationally and internationally.