The Vandeventer Black Energy Group includes seasoned energy sector professionals representing decades of extensive hands-on experience. Our attorneys have particular proficiency in the oil & gas, engineering, construction, environmental, and wind and solar energy sectors.
Having worked closely with engineers, designers, contractors, supply chain managers and operational personnel, we are better able to efficiently and effectively assist our clients in reaching their goals while also protecting their interests. We have unique insights as to the business needs of the energy client based on our individual and collective team member experiences, including energy industry in-house counsel experience.
Our team is well-versed in contracts, complex project delivery planning and construction, and when necessary, litigation, and has both offshore and onshore experience. Additionally, our group has supported clients in the development and operation of energy generating and transmission facilities, and respecting the many related facets such as regulatory compliance, land acquisition, design and construction, siting agreements, and lease agreements.
Key Capabilities Include:
- EPC agreements
- Leases and joint venture agreements
- Permitting and licensing
- Construction – onshore and offshore
- Corporate purchasing contracts and forms
- Acquisition policies, procedures and standards
- Environmental permitting, compliance and enforcement assistance and representation
- Environmental response and remediation assistance
- Transportation agreements (air, sea and land)
- Vessel and cargo matters of all types, including documentation, chartering, collisions, groundings, personal injury, cargo, and salvage
- Installations, pipelay, operating agreements, loadouts, compressor projects, right-of-way agreements, fabrication projects, drilling agreements
- Offshore communications
- Asset sale agreements
- Solar energy leases and agreements
- Risk assessment and management
- Crisis planning and response
- Negotiation and dispute resolution facilitation, including when necessary, federal and state court litigation, arbitration, mediation, and other alternative dispute resolution processes
Schedule a Consultation
To learn more about the Energy Practice Group and what we can do for you and your business, please contact us at 757.446.8600 or send us an email.