Vandeventer Black’s Intellectual Property team provides a wide range of services relating to trademark, copyright, patent, trade secrets and other intellectual property issues faced by businesses, organizations and individuals. Our primary goals are to help our clients identify, protect and utilize their intellectual property assets to their fullest potential.
We assist clients with identification and registration of intellectual property; proper use, licensing and assignment of intellectual property; and prosecution and/or defense of intellectual property issues in both federal and state courts as well as in administrative proceedings. In addition, we also counsel and advise clients on intellectual property issues involving the Internet and domain names.
Intellectual property rights are valuable assets that require protection. Protecting intellectual property from theft and cyber-attacks requires significant resources and expertise. Vandeventer Black’s team helps clients to identify and assess their intellectual property and other critical data and assists in developing specific policies and procedures to protect intellectual property against theft and cyber-attacks. We also review existing policies and procedures for clients to ensure they adequately protect their intellectual property and other critical data and comply with legal requirements.
Intellectual Property Areas:
• Identification, registration and protection of all forms of intellectual property
• Proper use, licensing and assignment of trademarks, copyrights, patents and trade secrets
• Prosecution and/or defense of intellectual property issues in federal and state courts and in administrative proceedings
• Trademark clearance, prosecution, registration and maintenance with federal and state trademark offices
• Trademark infringement, unfair competition and false advertising litigation
• Copyright counseling, prosecution and registration
• Copyright infringement litigation
• Patent infringement litigation
• Intellectual property management and audits
• Association with international counsel regarding protection of intellectual property in other countries
• Domain name counseling and protection
• Protection of trade secrets
• Software protection and licensing